Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From MFP Group Meets - North Wales Meet

For anyone interested in the August North Wales meet, organised by Steve Ransome on the MFP site, this is an update of the latest posts there. The site shuts down on the 12-07-2014, so I'll update this thread until then.

Comments

• <br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br /> Hello Everyone.<br />I am suggesting 22nd, 23rd & 24th Aug 2014 for a meet here in North Wales.  Lots to see and do.  Snowdonia National Park with it's walks and climbs and places like Beaumaris, Caernarfon, and Conwy for interesting places to walk around, each with tea shops, eating out places of repute.  There is South Stack RSPB Reserve, Conwy RSPB Reserve, The Wetlands RSPB Reserve in Gaerwen and of course, The Dingle Nature Park just to name a few.  There is a Premier Inn at the mainland end of the Britannia Bridge and if you book early, can cost as little as £29 per night and you get to sleep with Lenny Henry  wink.png<br />I know it's a little early but I thought I would get the proposal down in writing so that those who are interested could put in in the diary and perhaps book places to stay etc.<br />I'll leave it at that for now and we'll see how it goes.  We'd all love to see new faces on the Fuji meets to join us regulars who ALWAYS have a brilliant time with like-minded folk.  smile.png<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 19:02  <br />Comment Sheryl please accept my deepest apologies.<br />It's Ransomes fault and Steph with an F.<br />Dave XX <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 17:41  <br />Comment So far then.<br />Dave and lady<br />Jim and lady<br />Ian and lady<br />me and lady<br />Bob England and lady<br />smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 17:38  <br />Comment Dave, I'll try to keep Sheryl (with an 'S') from seeing this............................otherwise you're dead mate and I can't save you.<br />wink.png<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 17:01  <br />Comment Thanks Dave.  Walking distance to some great eateries.  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 16:57  <br />Comment We're booked into The Bryn Aethwy for Fri/Sat Nights. Same as Jim & Cheryl.<br />Dave. <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 16:48  <br />Comment Hello Jo and Dave.  The plan of attack is at the planning stage.  I need to know how many folk will be attending the Sat Night meal and where they are stationed.  I'll put a note up in UK Chat and ask for the final names.  I will keep in touch Jo, of course I will. xx<br />smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 14:34  <br />Comment Have you worked a plan of attack yet Steve like the important things. Where we eating, where we dinking?<br />Oh and where we going if we go for a walk.<br />Dave. <br /><br /><br />picture-76.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jo  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 13:10  <br />Comment Hi Steve,<br />Now that my dear old Mum has passed away, by job as a carer has finished so I'm a free agent to enjoy trips and holidays.  This trip looks great but alas Martin is booked to sell his stained glass at a show that weekend.  However, we are both keen to join any future trips so please would you let me know of any plans.  Many thanks.<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Wed, 09/07/2014 - 11:18  <br />Comment As the site is soon closing, this is my email for those wishing to keep in touch.<br />stephenransome@hotmail.co.uk<br />and my Telephone Number is 01248 715975  (it's in the book anyway)  smile.png<br />Thanks a lot and see you all soon. xx<br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Thu, 26/06/2014 - 07:03  <br />Comment That sounds like a good plan Jim - see you both soon<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Wed, 25/06/2014 - 21:08  <br />Comment Thanks for the nudge Dave.  We are meeting up with Ian on the 5th of July and I was going to "drag" them both down to North Wales.  A little later on, I will get the final figures, decide on a Sat night meal venue and take it from there.  It will be a busy weekend here coz of the Bank Hoiday but I'm sure a great time will be had by all.  Bob and Pauline England are over this way too, they are staying in Llandudno but that is only 30 mins away.  See you all soon.  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Wed, 25/06/2014 - 21:02  <br />Comment You could always ride pillion with Viv. Failing that me and Jim can push you round the pubs.<br />Dave. <br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Wed, 25/06/2014 - 19:07  <br />Comment Now you know how I feel Ian !<br />Get yourself to Anglesey.......................we don't HAVE to climb mountains just enjoy whatever we do with the company we've got.<br />You know it makes sense !!!<br />If all else fails we'll have a pint or two instead.<br />wink.png<br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Wed, 25/06/2014 - 13:00  <br />Comment There's a good possibillty Dave, just waiting on scan results on knee - dependant on whether I need op etc and to what I could do. At the moment no way could I walk hills etc.<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Wed, 25/06/2014 - 11:24  <br />Comment Any updates Steve before the site folds? Ian are you coming along?<br />Dave. <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Sat, 14/06/2014 - 14:06  <br />Comment Bump above the spammer  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Mon, 28/04/2014 - 17:34  <br />Comment Alison.................<br />aw.png<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Mon, 28/04/2014 - 15:48  <br />Comment That's OK Alison.  It's always nice to chat with you.  See you soon. xxx<br /><br /><br />picture-77182.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Alison Bruce-Stone  <br />Date Mon, 28/04/2014 - 15:28  <br />Comment Geoff and myself are unable to go to the North Wales Meet. We hope you all have fun and enjoy yourselves.<br />(Thanks Steve. )  <br /><br /><br />picture-62093.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Glynis D  <br />Date Mon, 21/04/2014 - 20:18  <br />Comment Im sure we'll catch up again soon Steve and if there is any chance I can get time off, i will be there xxx <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /> <br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Mon, 21/04/2014 - 19:12  <br />Comment Hello Glynis.  That's understandable, I can imagine that a BH is a very busy time for you.  I'm sure we'll get another chance.  Steph hopes so too, she did enjoy the chat we had.  Big Mwah to you and thanks for letting us know.  XXX<br /><br /><br />picture-62093.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Glynis D  <br />Date Mon, 21/04/2014 - 15:58  <br />Comment Sorry Steve, I dont think I will be able to make it aw.png as its B H weekend there is no chance of me getting time off. Hope you all have a great time xxxx<br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Sat, 19/04/2014 - 05:40  <br />Comment We're both keen to come along but are still looking at dates for a possible summer holiday for our silver wedding and the dates mentioned could overlap - so can't 100% say yes just yet.<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 17:45  <br />Comment I'd come Jen !<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 17:13  <br />Comment Brilliant Jen, I do love old photos and interesting narrative. Shame you can't make it. Of course you could always arrange a meet and we could all come to yours.<br />I've met her Jim, gorgeous red hair.<br />Dave.<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 17:09  <br />Comment Are we destined never to meet Jen?<br />aw.png<br /><br /><br />picture-85.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Welsh Jen  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 14:06  <br />Comment Try this David<br />http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/18-things-english-people-wont-6523668<br />It seems unlikely that we will make it back up North for those dates. <br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 09:28  <br />Comment Can't seem to open the link in work so will look later.<br />Get yourself and Mr L up here Jennifer for the meet. Would be great to see you again.<br />Dai. <br /><br /><br />picture-85.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Welsh Jen  <br />Date Thu, 17/04/2014 - 08:55  <br />Comment http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/18-things-english-people-wont-6523668#.U0225y_I4LI.facebook<br />A little list for Dai Coppen.<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Wed, 16/04/2014 - 09:06  <br />Comment Time we heard from young Allington me thinks !<br />wink.png<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Tue, 15/04/2014 - 22:18  <br />Comment Hello Mike.  Thanks very much for all your information.  I was intending to do this sort of stuff a little later and nearer to the dates but forewarned is forearmed and I really do appreciate that,  thanks matey.<br />Dave,  great to have you both on board.  The beer is good Dave, the company even better and any carp tastes good with us all around.....  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-545.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by David Coppen  <br />Date Tue, 15/04/2014 - 22:04  <br />Comment Wales it's full of bloody sheep, Steve Ransome and Welsh Jen and only one speaks Englsih.<br />Well I suppose we'd better give it a go.<br />So we're in as they say. In fact we're booked in the same place as Jim & Sheryl.<br />The beer had better be good Steve.<br />Dave. <br /><br /><br />picture-840890.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Highlights and Shadows  <br />Date Tue, 15/04/2014 - 17:04  <br />Comment Steve was talking about places to visit her are some of the ones I have blogged about.<br />The National Slate Museum at Llanberis (10 miles from Menai Bridge) is always a good favourite. Not only that you have the Snowdon Mountain Railway and Electric Mountain with the Llanberis Pass not that far away. For walkers there's the Miners Track which eventually joins up with some of the other tracks that lead to Snowdon<br />Or you could head out to the A5 and the Ogwen Valley (12.5 miles from Menai Bridge)and take the walk up to Llyn Idwal. It's a gentle one and doesn't take all day<br />Please be aware that the Snowdonia National Park gets very busy in the summer months and parking spaces fill up early in the morning. I mean early. The Pen-y-Pass car park at the top of the Llanberis pass will be full by 7 am as lots of walkers use this as the base to go up Snowdon. Here's some information about car parking and the Snowdon Sherpa if anyone is considering walking up Snowdon.<br />Hope this information helps with planning your visit to beautiful North Wales. If anyone is interested in historic churches in the Conwy Valley or visiting some of the mountain lakes by car let me know. I've got loads of information about the churches (that's the project I've been working on for Conwy BC) and I can direct you or take you to a few of the lakes.<br />I've no doubt Steve will be looking at Conwy RSPB and The Spinnies, Llangefni, South Stack, Penmon Point, and other great places on Anglesey so I'll leave that to him. Nearly forgot, if the tide is out Llandwyn Island is a good visit as you can also visit the Newborough Forest as well<br />Mike<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Mon, 14/04/2014 - 08:51  <br />Comment Nice one Jim.  Just a 5 min walk to Dylans and 2 mins away from a lovely walk around the Belgium Promenade.  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 17:33  <br />Comment Menai Bridge it is then young Steve !<br />We're booked into The Bryn Aethwy for Fri/Sat Nights.<br />I understand other rooms are available but you need to hurry folks.<br />See you in August matey.<br />Now we have to sort out Nigels meet !!!<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 15:07  <br />Comment Ooh, that would be great Jen.  As you say, there is still plenty of time.  It will be nice to see you again, last time was the NEC with Dave (bless him).  Smashin.  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-85.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Welsh Jen  <br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 13:27  <br />Comment We come close to that area in August, staying at the Portmeirion Hotel.  To have an evening meal, this would be too far a drive from where you are proposing in Menai Bridge.  If I knew where you are to meet during the day, I maybe able to get Mr L to drop me off.  So, until arrangements are a little more settled, I have no idea.<br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 12:26  <br />Comment Hi Jen.  Not only Anglesey.  Like I said in the intro, there are lots of places....Snowdonia on the Mainland, RSPB Conwy,  Caernarfon etc.  So that we can have our evening get-together, I have suggested Anglesey as a starting point.  I know Bob England and his wife will be staying in Llandudno which is 40mins away.  Where others are staying,  I don't know yet.  Anyway, you coming?  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-85.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Welsh Jen  <br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 11:08  <br />Comment So the meeting is on Anglesey?<br /> <br /> <br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Date Sun, 13/04/2014 - 09:19  <br />Comment Mornin Jim.  When I know where folk are staying, I can then think of somewhere.  Till then, I have nothing to work on. Menai Bridge is quite a small place and everything is within walking distance so I'd start looking there.  smile.png<br />Steph and I have eaten here and the location is superb, overlooking the Menai Straits......  smile.png<br />http://www.dylansrestaurant.co.uk/gallery.php<br />For accn, you can start here:  http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=330631;label=msn-0wgmqsHzsc7OoLr8p4kKlw-4203239383;sid=2eefe422267a7c45eb7721b17a0f421c;dcid=1;dest_id=-2602881;dest_type=city;highlighted_hotels=633672&utm_campaign=Hotel%20-%20United%20Kingdom%20-%202&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_term=bryn%20aethwy<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Sat, 12/04/2014 - 21:20  <br />Comment Steve, Have you any ideas where we will eat on Fri/Sat? We would like it to be within walking distance of our accommodation.<br /><br /><br />picture-17628.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by healinghands  <br />Date Fri, 11/04/2014 - 23:23  <br />Comment Thanks, Steve xx <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Fri, 11/04/2014 - 22:31  <br />Comment Hi Lizzie.  Premier Inn.  Right at the Brittania Bridge.  Same price as Linnet Hill.  Better book early, they are filling up fast.  Bank Holiday and all that. Looking forward to seeing you both.....again. xxx<br /><br /><br />picture-17628.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by healinghands  <br />Date Fri, 11/04/2014 - 22:16  <br />Comment Where's the best area to book accommodation, Steve. Thinking about coming so will look into places to stay.<br />Lizzie x <br /><br /><br />picture-117.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Steve Ransome  <br />Date Fri, 11/04/2014 - 20:07  <br />Comment Nice one Mike.  Any chance of us all meeting Mrs Hardisty?  Bring the dog too, I've seen his photo and looks a safe pooch.  smile.png<br /><br /><br />picture-840890.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Highlights and Shadows  <br />Date Thu, 10/04/2014 - 23:37  <br />Comment Hopefully I'll be able to make it<br /><br /><br />picture-86917.png<br /><br />Submitted by Vivien L  <br />Date Thu, 10/04/2014 - 21:43  <br />Comment I'm up for it if Lizzie and/or Margaret are too.<br />Viv<br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Thu, 10/04/2014 - 09:52  <br />Comment School holidays anyways Jim so am sure there will be plenty of families around regardless of BH or not. I'm sure we can find somewhere quiet for a wander!!<br />Hope you had a nice holiday and welcome home.<br /><br /><br />picture-459.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Jim Miller  <br />Date Wed, 09/04/2014 - 22:01  <br />Comment Its a Bank Holiday..................we try to avoid them 'cos of the kids and the crowds !!!<br />But we want to support this so we might do it for the day.....we'll see.<br /><br /><br />picture-17628.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by healinghands  <br />Date Wed, 09/04/2014 - 15:08  <br />Comment Hi Steve, will have a chat with Bob and see if he wants to go. Will also ask the girls too.<br />Lizzie xxx <br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Wed, 09/04/2014 - 11:32  <br />Comment I'm off that weekend - last one before I start back on nights on the 24th - so is a definite possibility, I'm just waiting to see if Lesley plans booking a holiday abroad during my 2 weeks off<br /><br /><br />picture-311.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Ian Allington  <br />Date Sat, 05/04/2014 - 12:20  <br />Comment Will check shift patterns etc when I'm back at work Sunday. <br /><br /><br />picture-2002.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Michael  <br />Date Fri, 04/04/2014 - 20:58  <br />Comment Hi Steve.<br />Nice to see you again today. Enjoyable couple of hours. I should be able to pop over for at least one day, maybe two. Will have to see what I can wangle in work.<br />Mike <br /><br /><br />picture-148.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Sue.P  <br />Date Fri, 04/04/2014 - 08:52  <br />Comment Hi Steve - unfortunately I'm working all through the August Bank Holiday weekend so we won't be able to make it for this one.  <br />Sue<br /><br /><br />picture-868716.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by momma deb  <br />Date Thu, 03/04/2014 - 22:49  <br />Comment I wish I could say that I would be there but no such luck. We still haven't won the lotto aw.png On the up side, that is our annual D-Day reenactment weekend. This is to be our biggest ever as it is the 70th anniversary of the invasion and our 15th anniversary of the reenactment. While you are all gathered in North Wales, I will be entertaining several family members and again photographing our wonderful event. Wishing you the biggest and best meet yet! <br /><br /><br />picture-77182.jpg<br /><br />Submitted by Alison Bruce-Stone  <br />Date Mon, 14/04/2014 - 11:46  <br />Comment  Hi Steve. Count Geoff and myself in for the North Wales Meet. I've already been researching hotels and train times this morning and I've seen the places of interest on satellite maps etc. We're looking forward to it  smile.png<br />Re-edit. Not sure if we will be able to attend yet. Will keep you posted.<br /><br />
  • Hi there.  <br /><br />Just booked a table for 12 at Dylan's in Menai Bridge. 1930hrs on the Saturday night.    http://dylansrestaurant.co.uk/<br /><br />See ya there.  :D <br />
  • Well done Steve.
  • Looks like Kev (Spaaarky) and Chrissy will be joining us too.<br /><br />So that makes it 12 in total:-<br /><br />Steve & Steph<br />Dave & Sharon<br />Jim & Sheryl<br />Ian & Les<br />Bob & Pauline<br />Kev & Chrissy<br /><br /> ;)
  • Hiyah.  Jim, what makes you think Spaarky and Chrisie will be joining us?  Have I missed something?  <br /><br />I am in the planning stage along with Steph as we speak and will put up some links so that folk can decide on what they would like to do and then we can sort out about transport and the like.  It's no use 3 cars going to a location during the Bank Holiday when we can share.  Anyway,  more on that a bit later.  Thanks very much for the support on this one so far.  Smashin  :)
  • [member=235]steveransome[/member] <br />We would love to come but the Scottish schools go back from holiday on 13th August so dates aren't suitable. It would have been a great opportunity to meet you guys and for John to try out his new DSLR I've just ordered for him early for his big birthday next April seeing as he did his usual and dropped his S100 on the tour bus to Portofino. <br /><br />This will be the 3rd camera he's knackered - his Zenith when he was swinging it as we walked down the Shambles and his Ricoh when we went to the steam day at Bo'ness and he dropped it on the pavement - so if he knackers this one he won't see his retirement pension.
  • Hi Steve,<br />Chrissy came on and said that if they could get accommodation  they would be joining us.<br />Trouble is, I've been skipping around that many forums just lately, I can't remember where she said it.<br /><br />
  • Hi Jim.  Okeeydokey I will have a look around and see if I can find it.  Thanks matey. :)
  • Leg in boot, days at Portmeirion cancelled, everything cancelled.<br /><br />Have a good time. :'(
  • Hello.  I have just booked a table for 8 people at Table table Parc Brittania for 7 PM on the Friday.  See:<br /><br />http://www.tabletable.co.uk/tabletable/our-pubs/gwynedd/parc-britannia.html<br /><br />There is still some time to book another couple of seats should we need to. 
  • Hiyah.  As the meet is coming up this next weekend, please keep coming back to this thread for the latest news and your own input.  That would be appreciated.  Thanks.  :)
  • Weather forecast for Saturday looks good Steve unless you know different.<br />
  • Good Morning Dave.  You know as much as I do.  Anglesey does have a habit of making it's own weather sometimes.  :D<br /><br />Take a peep at this for our Saturday jaunt:  http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/s/southstackcliffs/about.aspx
  • Steve what's the chance of seeing Puffins this time of year or are they at sea?
  • Hi Dave.  Chances are somewhat slimmer this time of year and also if you remember, one (at least) went to feed the Peregrine chick ???  Cross fingers, I'll show you the location where you have the best chance.  There are a few steps involved but I know you will be OK, if I can climb back up, you certainly can.  :)  May-June is the best time when they are at the nest but they are at the Stack all year round so you still have a chance.  :D<br /><br />See:  http://www.thebiggesttwitch.com/diary/puffin-back-at-rspb-south-stack-anglesey
  • MFP Group Meets - North Wales Meet<br /><br />What a pity i have no chance to be there  :'(<br /><br />The minimum i expect from this meeting are two full-blown blogs here and some more collections of photos  :)) :))<br /><br />I always enjoyed the reports from such meetings in the old MFP forum..<br /><br />(If anybody is willing to start a North-Germany meeting here - I'm in  ;D  )
  • Sounds interesting Uwe. Put some feelers out you never know.
  • (If anybody is willing to start a North-Germany meeting here - I'm in
    <br /><br />You could do it Uwe !<br /><br />Steve......................got the message re Friday evening.....................sorry about the misunderstanding.<br /><br />Chris needs to do some heavy pruning ................to many categories here.<br /><br />ps But it  is the best of what we've got.<br /><br />I'll ring you when we arrive on Friday.<br /><br />
  • Hi Jim....Just in from 10-pin.  I keep hinting at Chris.....you never know, one day we will get through  :D  Steph and I will be on stand-by Fri night.  I'm really looking forward to seeing you all and cross fingers, the weather will be on our side for South Stack on Saturday and Conwy for the Sunday.  Please though,  if you feel like doing something else like Caernarfon, Conwy Castle, Beaumaris Castle etc, please do.  There's heaps to do around here most times of the year.  :)
  • This is the Weather Forecast for Sat.....not looking too bad for South Stack.  :D<br /><br />
  • Think I'll bring a cozzie.<br />We'll go with whatever you have planned Steve.<br />On Sunday though we're off to South Wales at the Red Kite feeding centre at Gigrin and staying in Caerphilly. Then off to Dorset to see our daughter. About 600-800 miles round trip.
  • Hiyah Dave.  Bring a cozzie by all means  :D  <br /><br />So,  Saturday it's South Stack (the weather is going to be fine for that)  Sunday,  it's RSPB Conwy then around Conwy if ya like.  Nice Harbour and Castle to photograph.  I presume Dave, that you will be leaving us early on the Sunday to see the Kites,  (that's a great experience so I'm led to believe) So we will probably be saying cheerio to you in Menai Bridge or Conwy.<br /><br />Bob England won't be arriving here in North Wales till later on the Saturday, they have changed plans and are staying the night half-way up from Bristol so they are going to meet us at South Stack as and when they can.  I suggest we all meet up at 11AM at the large lay-by that overlooks the Menai Straits with a great view of Snowdonia and the Menai Bridge.  We can then share cars if ya like and head on up to South Stack.  If you like, we can also call in at the Butterfly Palace which is on the way back from South Stack and only 10mins away from where we meet at 11AM.  Just a suggestion I would guess that 3 hours would be enough at South Stack and we would have time to fit the Butterfly Palace in too.  If others want to do different things then that's fine.  On the Saturday the meal is not until 1930 at Dylans so we should be able to fit it all in.<br /><br />Here is a map of the lay-by for Saturday Morning (Top is Anglesey-Bottom, the Mainland)  Note: On the map it say 10AM but I suggest 11AM.  Sorry about that, did the map thingy before Bob rang.  That is the A55 going over the Britannia Bridge and you take the first exit off after the Bridge and then turn right towards Menai Bridge and the Lay-By is on your right about 250 yards after the bridge.  :)<br /><br />
  • So is it 10am or 11am...........................lol<br /><br />Is that the Beaumaris road ?<br /><br />Do you have the GPS co-ordinates Steve?<br /><br />Just read the last sentance ...............................got it now.<br /><br />:)
  • GPS:  53-132055 N  4-132044W  It's just up the road from your accn Jim.  About 3/4mile. 
  • A more detailed photo of the Lay-By meeting place.  Immediately take the first turn off as you get to the end of the Bridge and then turn right.  250 yards on your right, is the Lay-By.  I will be wearing a White Carnation and carrying a copy of Sheep Weekly  :D<br /><br /><br /> <br />
  • ;)...........
    and carrying a copy of Sheep Weekly.
    ..........<br /><br />Yer ..................dodgy...................I knew it !
  • Hi Steve<br />What time are you looking at for RSPB Conwy on Sunday? Should be able to make that. Was hoping to come over Friday evening but doesn't look likely now.<br />Mike
  • on 1408475315:
    <br /> I will be wearing a White Carnation and carrying a copy of Sheep Weekly  <br />[/quote<br /><br />As long as you're not wearing a mankini Steve  :)) :)) :-[<br /><br />
  • Where do we go from meeting at the layby Steve, will there be plenty of parking as it's B/H weekend?