Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scamper

I have found that trying to catch a chipmunk on the move is somewhat akin to catching a bird in flight. It ain't as easy as I first thought!

Comments

• Could you send us one Bill? :))
  • what ya settings for this Bill?
  • on 1467148519:
    <br />Could you send us one Bill? :))<br />
    <br /><br />[member=671]Bob[/member]  They're cute  Bob, but I don't think you need another invasive species over there! <br /><br />
    on 1467149767:
    <br />what ya settings for this Bill?<br />
    [member=759]Andyst[/member],  I have a very slow and very noisy entry level bridge camera. (Fuji S4800) In the right light it can give me some pretty good photos, but a lot of the time it doesn't. In these shots there's a lot of shade and varying light condition that my camera doesn't handle well. I was just messing about, I tried a few shots in P mode with iso  at 400, then a few at iso 800. The shutter speed varied automatically from below 1/100th to 1/800th. You see the results, either my target was blurred, or the photo was very noisy. Such is life with a bridge camera!  :D
  • Another dashing beastie. I don't think it is a Chipmunk - can anyone say exactly what it is?<br />Taken in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
  • Good effort Bill, just to let you know.  I got a FANTASTC shot of a squirrel leaping through the air from post to post, just a shame it was only the tail  :( :)) :))
  • on 1467220721:
    <br />Good effort Bill, just to let you know.  I got a FANTASTC shot of a squirrel leaping through the air from post to post, just a shame it was only the tail  :( :)) :))<br />
    <br /><br />[member=2543]David Ore[/member]  Sort of like this you mean?  :))
  • :)) :)) Yep
  • on 1467215088:
    <br />Another dashing beastie. I don't think it is a Chipmunk - can anyone say exactly what it is?<br />Taken in Cheyenne, Wyoming.<br />
    <br />Sorry George, not familiar with that type of squirrel. The only squirrel we have here is the eastern red squirrel.That one thrr doesn't look like one. Maybe it's some sort of ground squirrel.
  • I believe it is some sort of ground squirrel, but that's as far as it gets. Not grey or red as seen in the UK, but maybe some sort of cousin?