Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dunnock Chick

We have a large shrub in the middle of the garden and there are a pair of Dunnocks nesting in there.  One of the chicks made a first appearance this morning and I had deliberately left the camera ready set up by the kitchen window.<br />

Comments

• Good to see the young ones coming out.  What settings did you use, as hate to say their not very sharp, or was it taken through double glazing ?
  • Yes mate, it is taken through double glazing and 300mm and 100% crop & 800 ISO.  Don't think it's that they're not sharp but there's quite a bit of noise creeping in.
  • Ahh. Cute despite the noise.
  • I do not know what you mean by noise as I am not computer savvy.<br />Would you mind telling me what you mean by it please?<br />I like your shots Bob considering they were taken through double-glazed windows.
  • [member=2583]mastro88[/member]  - Jackie if you Google digital camera noise it will explain but it's kind of distortion or what I would class as speckles on the image
  • on 1467642229:
    <br />[member=2583]mastro88[/member]  - Jackie if you Google digital camera noise it will explain but it's kind of distortion or what I would class as speckled on the image<br /><br />Thank you Margaret I will do that.
  • Nice set of shots Bob. I can't see any noise on the Kindle but I can't enlarge it much but I thought it was movement in the chick
  • Thanks for that Bob.<br /><br />Jackie even using a point and shoot camera can give off High Digital noise.
  • on 1467641846:
    <br />I do not know what you mean by noise as I am not computer savvy.<br /><br />
    <br />[member=2583]mastro88[/member] <br /><br />It's similar to grain in a film camera.  The higher ISO rating on film, the more grain you get.  Similarly, the higher ISO rating you use on a digital camera, the more noise you get.  Of course, using a small part of the image will exacerbate the problem.  To show you what I mean I've enlarged the chick's head and you will easily see the grain/noise.<br /><br />If you look at the chicks eye, you will see that it is in focus but click on the image and enlarge it and you will see that the noise is breaking the image up.<br />
  • Thanks for that Bob. <br />Now I know I have had noise on some of my photos :-[
  • Great to see young wildlife.  I rescued a baby pigeon yesterday and took it to the willd bird hospital.