Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sophie

BobBob
edited January 1970 in Announcements
For the newer members who don't know about Sophie: I've known Sophie through a web site I run for a charity (Latex Allergy Support Group) for many years.  She was a young girl when I first came across her but she is now a young lady.  She not only suffers from the Type 1 Latex Allergy but also has very severe MS.  Karen (Sophie's mum) managed Sophie at home for years and Sophie was in and out of hospital.  <br /><br />Sophie loves animals and I used to send her pictures of my dogs.  The forum have made Sophie three books of animal pictures, all the pictures being donated free of charge by forum members.  Sophie was unable to open the books herself and Karen would sit with her and show her the pictures and Sophie loved it. <br /><br />Eventually Karen managed to get Sophie into St. Cyril's Hospital, Chester, where, at long last, she is receiving proper treatment and showing some improvement.  She is now able to open her own mail.<br /><br />This is an email I received from Karen recently:<br /><br />"Hello Bob,<br /><br />Good to hear from you, hope you are well?  I lost all my old emails a few months ago so very annoying and had forgotten where I was with replying etc.<br /><br />Sophie would be delighted to receive Christmas cards and would really cheer her up 😊 thank everyone for me, you are all so kind to remember her.<br /><br />Best wishes, Karen X"<br /><br />I wonder if we could all send Sophie a Christmas card this year as she can now open her own mail.  I think it would help to cheer up a very unfortunate young lady.<br />Sophie's address is:<br /><br />Sophie Ellis<br />St. Cyril's Hospital<br />Countess of Chester Health Park<br />Liverpool Road<br />Chester<br />CH2 1HJ<br />

Comments

• What a wonderful idea.
  • Consider it done Bob... it will be a pleasure.  I was only looking through the 2014 picture book the other day..  :)
  • Just sign the card with your name and say that you are from the Massive Photo Group.  Sophie will then know it's the same people who gave her the books. ;D
  • [member=671]Bob[/member] Can you bump this up nearer Christmas so I don't forget?
  • Don't worry mate.  Nobody's going to forget. :))
  • Thanks for that Bob. Will look for a nice card for her
  • Probably the preferred type of card would be one with animals on. :)
  • on 1479758327:
    <br />Probably the preferred type of card would be one with animals on. :)<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Yes but I have seen a lovely animal calendar so thought a nice card with a snowy scene of Edinburgh and the calendar as a wee extra
  • That's great; thanks Margaret. :)
  • This will stay at he top until you've all sent your cards.  Please let me know who's taking part.
  • I will be sending a card too Bob.
  • Thanks Jackie.
  • Bump.  I'm not letting anyone forget this. ;D
  • Got my card all ready to send Bob
  • Thanks mate.
  • Mine will be posted once I get round to writing mine later this week
  • Thanks Maggs.
  • Will gladly sort out a nice card plus might do a few animals, ie horses and cattle.
  • Thanks David; she loves horses. ;D
  • on 1480358869:
    <br />Thanks David; she loves horses. ;D<br />
      Consider the horses done  O0
  • My wife and I would like to give this a try. Got to get on it soon though in hopes it'll get all the way there from here before Christmas. 
  • Thanks Bill. :)
  • I would like to participate but I have not seen Christmas cards on sale here. Will have to think on this.
  • Thanks Derek.  If there are no cards I'm sure Sophie would appreciate a letter; especially from the other side of the world. :)
  • Count me in Bob
  • Thanks Chris.  Sophie is going to love this. ;D
  • [member=671]Bob[/member].  Just a thought Bob, we were thinking of copying some of my Canadian wildlife shots onto actual prints (4x6 prints') and sending those along with the card. But my wife brought up the idea that as the photos are coated in who knows what, she wondered if that might be a problem if Sophie handles them. Any ideas on this?
  • I've sent Sophie loads of prints over the years, Bill, and it has never caused any problems.  I've used various papers too.  My wife has the type 1 Latex allergy as well Bill.  She handles all the papers with no problem.  Nice thought. Many thanks. :)
  • Well, apart from the kind members of the forum, Sophie should be getting cards from Australia, Columbia, America and Canada.  She'll have a great time opening them I'm sure. ;D
  • After today with more Robins and Horses I will spend the weekend sorting some out, ie clone out horse mess.