Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly "NO PRIZE" competition - Comments & Questions

Put all your comments on competition photos (nothing that identifies the photographer please :o ) and any questions in this thread.

Comments

• If you're wondering why I'm using no. and not the hash symbol to number the entries, the hash symbol does something to the formatting as I found out when I first put the comp up. You'll need to do the same when you vote.

• Ha ha, I spotted that too when I tried to format my list of results!
  • edited September 2017
    How come the Competition doesn't show up on recent activity. I had to go in via categories then contests, then photography challenges and projects to see if there were any entries
  • @margaret55
    I don't know Margaret, it doesn't show up there for me in either of my aliases!
  • #1 Testing
    #2 Testing
    #3 It works
    #4 for me
    # Picture below

# Seems OK
    # Strange things happen on this forum
  • # Followed by a number gives a clickable link. Wierd.
  • Thanks Jonathan - but I think I'll stick with not using the #, save even more confusion! :)
  • The # seems to represent 'search'. It must be a programming thing.
  • Kasey no.7 should read 4pts
    oops
  • Kasey no.7 should read 4pts
    oops

Thanks John, I'd assumed it was just a typo.
  • edited December 2017
    Hi Folks,
    don't forget the December competition closes at 8pm on Christmas Eve.
    Don't leave your entry till you're up to your ears in mulled wine and mince pies!
    (Or in my case, sellotape and wrapping paper!)
    httpwwwthebullinncliftoncoukwp-contentuploads201711Mulled-wine-mince-pies-2jpg
    (Picture courtesy of google images)
  • March Theme: A Windy Day
    (still awaiting Feb's theme)
  • February theme: In the rain
    March theme: A Windy Day
  • February theme: In the rain
    March theme: A Windy Day
    April theme: Close-up of a single flower

• Last call for entries to the January comp - closing 8pm tonight.
  • No entry from me this month as it hasn't been frosty in Barbados this last month. And no frost in my archive  :(
  • March theme: A Windy Day
    April theme: Close-up of a single flower
    May theme: Doors
  • edited March 3
  • April theme: Close-up of a single flower
    June theme: In a row
  • Sorry - nothing from me this time, as I'll be in hospital at the end of the month :/
  • All the best with that Sheila. Hope we see you back here soon after :)
  • April theme: Close-up of a single flower
    June theme: In a row
    July theme: On the beach
  • Just a week left to get your entries in - should be plenty of spring flowers around in the UK and Canada. Hopefully a few late summer ones in the antipodes! :)
  • Is there any need to post 2MB, 3000x3000 pixels photos for this competiton?  They take a really long time to download using slow hotel connections and only appear as a small photo anyway unless you click on them.  And then you are pixel peeping.
  • @Boke Moiré 
    I post whatever people send me.
    I have seen past instances (on the previous site) of people complaining that the definition of their shot had been degraded when put into the competition, so I don't alter anything.
    They all show up as 714 pixels wide (by whatever the appropriate height comes out to) on my system, until I click on them.
    We could ask people to resize to, say, 700 pixels wide maximum, but resizing used to cause all sorts of problems for some folk in the past, and there's no software attached to this site to do it with like there was on the previous one.
    I'll wait and see what other comments we get.
  • The monthly competition theme for August will be STREET PHOTOGRAPHY.

• Less than 24 hours to get your votes in folks!
  • September's theme will be Night Photography.
  • October's theme will be "Patterns in Nature"