Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monday's SNAPSHOT challenge

Thanks again for choosing my snapshot Jonathan

This is my first attempt at posting a challenge on the new site, so... #1 - hope it goes on ok.  #2 - please enter some super shots for me to judge.  See you all around 8.30pm tomorrow.

Comments

• Mine's in....     Taken Sunday

•  @witchone
    Ford Corsair Kathy? You don't see many of those these days!

• Mine's in. Taken on the 8th

• Mine's in. Shot early this morning using a hand held convex lens held against the front of the lens of my camera. Salvaged it  from an old DLP projection TV,  makes a jury rigged wide angle appearance.
  • Kasey said:
     @witchone

Close Kasey, but I think it's a Cortina mk1 . Probably equally rare.

Not my photo, NOT for judging!

• Mine's in:
    Had a sandwich and a coffee in Morrison's Cafe this morning, so here is part of the interior.

• edited September 2017
    @Parky54
    Actually Alan, having cropped a lump out of Kathy's pic and enlarged it, I think this particular version has a name beginning with T! But either way, it's a lovely beast!!
    My Dad had a Mk1 Cortina Estate, wish I still had it.
  • Crikey Mags I thought I was in my Morrison's café as it's identical. Wonder if they are all the same now since they were done up.
  • edited September 2017
    Mines in - taken in Glasgow on Saturday
  • Still can't get my text to stay at the top of the picture no matter how many ways I try
  • Mine's in. I was going to enter this in the IHC as a macro of part of a pen but I then realised that Bill had been a bit more specific. ;)

• @Dipper Iwas also wondering if I might see an Olympus Pen camera pop up  in that challenge as well! lol,
  • @Kasey ; Not sure what it is but a nice looking car isn't it?

@Parky54 ;  Pretty good condition for something that old isn't it Alan?  
  • Time's up everyone.  Back soon with the results
  •   RESULTS ARE IN!!

Thank you for your super entries.  Winners are....

1st - Mags... I love to see candid shots.  Hope you are continuing to get more mobile

2nd - Margaret's wicker critter.

3rd - everyone else..... pats on the back all round

Over to Mags to set Tuesday's challenge.

Tried to an emoji in, but it keeps going at the very beginning of my post, no matter where I put the cursor.

• Congrats Mags & Margaret ... good shots
    Thanks for judging Sheila
  • Well done Mags and Margaret. Thanks for judging Sheila.
  • Well done Mags and thanks for 2nd place Sheila and for judging
  • Well done Mags and Margaret - thanks for judging Sheila.

• edited September 2017
    Kasey said:
    @Parky54
    Actually Alan, having cropped a lump out of Kathy's pic and enlarged it, I think this particular version has a name beginning with T! But either way, it's a lovely beast!!
    My Dad had a Mk1 Cortina Estate, wish I still had it.
    Originally, Kasey, I thought it might be one of those East German cars, Trabant or Wartburg, but it looks far too good to be either.

And of course, I congratulate the winners after hijacking this competition thread without entering myself. :)
  • Well done Mags and Margaret. Nice shots. Thanks for judging Sheila.
  • Kasey said:
     @witchone

Many years ago I bought two Ford Corsairs for a fiver.   I made one very good car out of the two, ran it for a year then sold it for 70 quid. o:)
  • Thanks Sheila, Well done Margaret.
    @janga.stud It's still early days yet but I feel as if I am getting a little better everyday. I start 'knee school' next Monday so I will meet others in the same boat.
  • @Bob
    They were the cars where the bonnet fitted inside a 'frame' if I remember correctly. One slight dent and the bonnet wouldn't close! Lovely looking car though. Wonder what yours would be worth now if you'd looked after it all these years Bob?
  • BobBob
    edited September 2017
    They were good cars @Kasey.   The two I bought were totally different although they were both 2 litre.   One had bucket seats and a centre gear change and the other had a bench seat and a column change.   I took the best of both and built a new car.   Got my fiver back from the scrap yard for the remains. :)