Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingfisher (Think i finally got it right)

Comments

• I liked the third one with the wing movement.  However, when I looked at the full size version there is a round, lighter coloured spot to the left of the head.

• No idea what that is. Not on the lens. Sensor is clean. It only seems to be on a few of them.
  • Fixed it. Lightroom was adding it to some photos but not others. No idea why. It seems to have added it to random photos. 

• Couple of others i posted have it too which have all now been fixed but i wont bother to repost them. just imagine it isn't there haha

Cheers for pointing it out though.
  • Some nice shots there Si.
  • Cheers Bob

After watching a youtube video the other day i noticed that no matter what they don't seem to move their heads at all even if their body is moving all over the place so thought that if i just focus on the head and nothing else (yes i know you're supposed to do that anyway) then the photos will still look half decent.

This is the video. Only 52 seconds long but well worth a watch (I'm still convinced that Kingfishers are aliens though lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmAP7l86Xug
  • Same with Kestrels Si.   You watch one hovering and the head remains perfectly still.   It's to do with focussing on their prey.
  • Sure makes taking photos of them easier.
  • Well worth the wait Si.  Just beautiful.  They always seem to be in an angry mood though  : :D :D
  • Beautiful set of pictures Si
  • Well worth the wait Si.  Just beautiful.  They always seem to be in an angry mood though  : :D :D
    Yep, not seen one smile yet lol

Mary_Ann said:
    Beautiful set of pictures Si
    Cheers