Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blue tint to photos.....

Can anyone tell me why I would suddenly get a blue tint through about 20 photos.   No settings were changed and I didn't notice it until I uploaded them to the laptop, the photos after those were all normal.   

Please see photos attached and any advice/ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• No idea Kathy but I remember when at Lake Como one of my photos went really green but the next shot and the one before were perfect
  • No idea Kathy but I remember when at Lake Como one of my photos went really green but the next shot and the one before were perfect
    Very strange eh?  Unfortunately I have over 20 like that, one after the other, it hasn't happened before though, luckily.  :)
  • You can actually put them right using the colour sliders on an editing programme Kathy, but it looks as if the camera`s changed the white balance automatically. I haven`t got the technical knowledge to know why.
  • Mary_Ann said:
    You can actually put them right using the colour sliders on an editing programme Kathy, but it looks as if the camera`s changed the white balance automatically. I haven`t got the technical knowledge to know why.
    I'd agree with that. If you were on auto white balance then something has caused it to use an artificial light setting.
  • Dipper said:
    Mary_Ann said:
    You can actually put them right using the colour sliders on an editing programme Kathy, but it looks as if the camera`s changed the white balance automatically. I haven`t got the technical knowledge to know why.
    I'd agree with that. If you were on auto white balance then something has caused it to use an artificial light setting.
    I would be a bit concerned. I can see the white balance being sent off on a tangent by something for a shot or two, it's happened to me plenty of times. But 20 shots? That's a long time for it to hang on. Lets hope it's not a sign of a developing problem.
  • @Mary_Ann ; I'll give the colour sliders a go on a couple, see how they look.  :) @Dipper, @wonderview ;   Thanks for your helpful input as well guys, hopefully it doesn't happen again, if so it'll be off to Canon for a check-up.  :D
  • I downloaded the photo and just using auto white balance in The Gimp improves it.
  • My attempt. FastStone has a colour adjustment setting that contains red green and blue sliders. I just backed off the blue slider till it looked ok to me. But I'm a bit colour blind so it's not perfect.

• The sea is probably a tad too blue here.  I selected the sails as a white point and the black bit on the coast as a black point.  I'd say this photo is definately recoverable.

• @wonderview@Boke Moiré, thanks guys. They both look much better, I have FastStone and Gimp so will give them both a go. I appreciate your efforts and help with this problem.  :)