Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sunday's IHC 23rd Sept.

Thanks again Mary-Ann.

I seem to delete quite a few photos due to unintentional camera movement, so today I'd like to see

Intentional Camera Movement

Have fun, stay safe and I hope the weather is kind to you all.    :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RULES

Photos must be taken between now and 9.30 p.m. British time.

No manipulation of your photo is allowed except for cropping and straightening.

Photos cannot be changed once posted.

If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.

The winner is to be announced at 9pm approx.

The winner is to set the Challenge as soon as possible - 10am the next day at the very latest.

If 1st fails to set the challenge by 10 am then the 2nd place takes over the daily challenge. (Or 3rd if neither first nor second are available).

Any other decisions regarding changes to the rules for the day is the Judges decision on the day (Eg. Can I change my photo 

Comments

• edited September 23
    It`s your age Kathy ....  :) ... I have the same problem these days, & I never carry a tripod around!!
  • Mine's in...I've been whizzing around on my computer chair and snapping away.....now feeling dizzy and sick!!!!!! :s
  • Mine's in.  Candleholder on the dining table.

• Mine`s in....

a bit of Toby`s fairground steam set up

• edited September 23
    Mary_Ann said:
    It`s your age Kathy ....  :) ... I have the same problem these days, & I never carry a tripod around!!
     :D  :D     I never take mine anywhere either, the birds won't sit still long enough. :D
     I've thought about getting a monopod, might be a lot lighter.   :)
  • Mine's in.  In the garden.

• witchone said:
    Mary_Ann said:
     :D  :D     I never take mine anywhere either, the birds won't sit still long enough. :D
    I sometimes just use a stick that I take on walks with me. I place the stick in front of me and plop the camera down on top of it to help steady it. But a monopod would probably be more adaptable.
  • Mine's in. I aimed the camera at the window, set the timer for 2 seconds, tossed the camera up with a spinning motion, and hoped I caught it on the way down!  I tried half a dozen times before I got anything worthwhile.I used my little Fuji AX500 for this experiment though! lol
  • Bad timing for this theme - only yesterday I ordered some neutral density filters to help get long exposures - they wont arrive for a few more days. :/
  • Mine's in. I aimed the camera at the window, set the timer for 2 seconds, tossed the camera up with a spinning motion, and hoped I caught it on the way down!  I tried half a dozen times before I got anything worthwhile.I used my little Fuji AX500 for this experiment though! lol
    Ha ha !!!!!!  The things we do for the daily challenges????????????
  • Mine's in:
    An attempt at zoom burst, pulling the camera away from the subject. The cat had got bored by this point and refused to look at the camera!

• witchone said:
    Mary_Ann said:
    I sometimes just use a stick that I take on walks with me. I place the stick in front of me and plop the camera down on top of it to help steady it. But a monopod would probably be more adaptable.
    You can buy monopods that double as walking poles.
  • Voting is now open in the Monthly Comp :)
  • RESULTS are in!       ..23rd Sept

Such lovely entries, like works of art. Doesn’t make for easy decisions though,  :D

1st….Sheila’s candleholder, the result looks ethereal.

2nd….Mary-Ann, this looks like an expensive abstract painting, 

Equal 3rd….Everyone Else because they’re all so damn good and deserve a place. 

@Chris Gossop”. I hope your dizziness didn’t last too long Chris
    @wonderview  I don’t think I’d go that far no matter how good the result, ???? 

Thanks everyone for entering.    Over to Sheila for Monday.

• Well done Mary-Ann - that would make a nice piece of wall art.  Thanks for the win Kathy and for the enjoyable challenge.  Will try to think of something for tomorrow :/
  • Well done Sheila and Mary Ann
  • Well done Sheila and Mary-Ann. Thanks for the challenge Kathy.
  • Well done Sheila and Mary-Ann. Nice shot. Thanks for the challenge Kathy.
  • Well done Sheila ... good abstract
    Thanks for 2nd & the challenge Kathy 
  • Well done Sheila And Marion