Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturday`s Snapshot (10th Nov.)

Thanks Jackie 

Hope you have a good Saturday folks ...
the weather looks a bit off but shots from the past week, indoor, or through the window shots are all interesting

:)  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :o :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) >:)

RULES. 
All welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in jpeg format
If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
Photos must be taken within the last 7 days and entered by 8.30pm UK time.
No manipulation of your photos is allowed except for cropping/straightening/de-saturating.
Photos can be changed within 10 minutes of posting (allows for errors).
The results are to be announced by about 21:00. The person placed 1st will set the following day's competition as soon as possible and judge it. If not available pass to 2nd place by 10.00am at the latest

Comments

• Mine's in: Some folk have fairies at the bottom of the garden. We have a Grumpy Gnome!
    Taken on Tuesday.

• edited November 2018
      @Mags100 ; :D :D :D  ... that really gave me a laugh to start the day .... glad I logged on early!
  • @Mags100 ;      :D :D :D    Love it!
  • Mine's in....                  Taken today in Marrickville Metro.

• Mine's in taken on the 5th. So shiny it shows reflections.

• Mine's In

Cramond Foreshore Edinburgh, with the 128 year old Forth Bridge  (rail) and it's new partner the 2017 Queensferry Crossing  (motorway - bridge) in background.

Middle -Dalmeny House, home of the Earl of Roseberry.

Front- It looks like a giant concrete Toblerone, but it is the Causeway leading at low tide to Cramond Island.
  • Mine's in. Casualties from last night's storm.

• edited November 2018
    Taken a few minutes ago. Not much to see outside today, lots of rain and wind. But I did manage to snag a shot of one of my cute little Red Breasted Nuthatches between downpours. Mine's in.
  • Things are definitely looking up with the entry numbers  :)

Results:
    1st .... Bill .... really beautiful shot

Joint 2nd ... Mag`s angry gnome  :D
     ...............&  Valerie`s  interesting landscape

Well done & thanks everyone
  • Well done Bill and Valerie, thanks for 2nd place Mary Ann
  • Well done Bill, and Jackie too.

Thanks for my placing Mary Ann

Did you know the Earl of Roseberry , Archibald Primrose, was Prime Minister of UK from 1894-1895? 

The things you learn when you research buildings for a photo competition!

Apparently my castle wasn't Dalmeny Castle as I had stated, but the quaintly named BARNBOUGLE CASTLE on the Earl's Dalmeny Estate. (as pointed out to me by a friend when I shared it on social media). There is a Dalmeny Castle too.

I also mentioned 2 bridges in the background, forgot there are actually 3, I missed out the Forth Road Bridge.

• Well done Bill, Mags and Valerie - good shots. Thanks for judging  Mary-Ann.
  • Well done Bill, Mags and Valerie. Good shots. Thanks for judging Marion.
  • Well done Bill, Mags and Valerie.  Thanks for judging Mary-Ann.
  • Well done Mags and Valerie! Thanks for the win and for judging Marion!