Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thursday`s IHC 6th Dec .... white balance

Thanks again Jackie

Following Jonathan`s entry yesterday & Bob`s joke I would like to see a shot of :

Anything on a pure white background 

(as near as possible no edge around the shot so play with the white balance on your camera)

Have fun .... it looks like an indoors sort of day , well here in the UK anyway!

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Rules:
Photos must be taken between now and 8.30 p.m.
No manipulation of your photo is allowed except for cropping and straightening.
Photos cannot be changed once posted.
If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
The winner is to be announced at 9pm approx.
The winner is to set the Challenge as soon as possible - 10am the next day at the very latest.
If 1st fails to set the challenge by 10 am then the 2nd place takes over the daily challenge. (Or 3rd if neither first nor second are available).
Any other decisions regarding changes to the rules for the day is the Judge’s decision on the day (Eg. Can I change my photo?).

Comments

• edited December 6
    Mine's in: Been trying with my white balance and have to give in. I now consider myself to be useless. My pyjama top is very white but comes out grey.

• Mine's in. Best I could do today.

• edited December 6
    Mine's in....all the white balance settings are coming out too yellow....it's dark and the lights are on.....so I cheated....I put the ribbon in the bath(no water)...set the camera on Hi Key....switched on the "daylight" overhead light and clicked
  • edited December 6
    I wish I had tried my 'snow' setting now.

• edited December 6
    Mine's in

Subject in front of a white reflector, with a light behind the subject and shining backwards onto the reflector making the reflector over exposed losing all detail except the lower left corner.

• Mine's in.

• Thanks & well done everyone ... 

Results:

Tie for first place between Jonathan & Chris .... very good results
    Close 2nd Alan 

On the toss of a coin I`ll ask Jonathan to set tomorrows challenge

Just a thought ...
    How about the "custom" white balance setting on manual (M)  setting on the camera ... you fire it at the background you`re using , (something whitish) set it then put the item on that background. Even my little camera has that facility, the only thing that hasn`t is the phone
  • Well done Jonathan and Alan
  • Well done everyone.....I'll try messing about with white balance in the daylight :)
  • Well done Jonathan, Chris and Alan. Thanks for the challenge Mary-Ann. I need to practise a bit with this.
  • Well done Jonathan and Chris, great shots.
    Thanks for 2nd place Mary_Ann.
  • edited December 6
    Well done Chris and Alan. Nice shots. Thanks for my and for the surprisingly difficult challenge. I shot a blank sheet first to adjust the wb then lengthened the exposure. I think daylight would be easier than artificial light.