Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tuesday` IHC (18th Dec) .... dismantled

Thanks again Jonathan

Your challenge for today is:

Dismantled

as small or large an object as you like, but show the parts

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Rules

Photos must be taken between now and 8.30 p.m.

No manipulation of your photo is allowed except for cropping and straightening.

Photos cannot be changed once posted.

If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.

The winner is to be announced at 9pm approx.

The winner is to set the Challenge as soon as possible - 10am the next day at the very latest.

If 1st fails to set the challenge by 10 am then the 2nd place takes over the daily challenge. (Or 3rd if neither first nor second are available).

Comments

• December competition closes in 6 days and we have no entries yet. I know we're all busy but you can use stock photos for this.
  • Mine's in. Time to replace the batteries in the fake tea lights.

• Mine's in. The  transformer quit  in the power supply of my son's sub woofer  speaker set for his computer. Found one to fit it from one of my junk piles. The power supply is situated inside the subwoofer enclosure.
  • mines in

I relied on someone else to do the dismantling for me, MRS UNIS, and an onion!

About to enjoy the onion with my chicken goujon fillets.
  • I think you must have forgotten to push "post comment" Valerie

Results:
    1st.... Jonathan  ... handing this back to you Jonathan ... good selective focus on the components
    2nd Kathy.... nicely presented components
    3rd Bill & Jacky .... interesting subjects 
    Wish you lived a bit nearer Bill.... there`s 6 of my favourite CD`s stuck in the player in the car & they`ve been there for over a year!
  • Well done Jonathan, Kathy and Bill. Thanks for the challenge Mary-Ann.
  • Well done Kathy, Bill and Jackie. Nice shots. Thanks for my win Marion. Another busy day here. I might be on my own most of tomorrow so will be 'not under command'!
  • edited December 2018
    Mine's in. The  transformer quit  in the power supply of my son's sub woofer  speaker set for his computer. Found one to fit it from one of my junk piles. The power supply is situated inside the subwoofer enclosure.
    @wonderview I'm struggling to understand what formaldehyde has to do with sub woofers.
  • I was having real problems posting it, thought it was there, but hey ho, was only to make up numbers anyway
  • Well done Jonathan, Bill and Jackie. Thanks for 2nd place, the challenge and for judging Mary-Ann.
  • Dipper said:
    Mine's in. The  transformer quit  in the power supply of my son's sub woofer  speaker set for his computer. Found one to fit it from one of my junk piles. The power supply is situated inside the subwoofer enclosure.
    @wonderview I'm struggling to understand what formaldehyde has to do with sub woofers.
    @Dipper ; I see a lot of strange tags like that originating from California. There's often a similar type of thing on anything with a gas engine, saying a much similar thing about gas (petrol) fumes. I'm assuming there may be some formaldehyde in the sound dampening insulation material inside the woofer enclosure.
  • edited December 2018
    @Dipper ; @wonderview
    Both the power supply and crossover circuits are built on printed circuit boards, which are frequently made from Formica, which is made from phenol formaldehyde resin. Presumably there are safety concerns about formaldehyde which the speaker complies with.