Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thursday`s Snapshot ( 3rd Jan)

Thanks again Bill

Have a lovely day peeps & post me some of your best pictures from the last week  :)

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Rules

All welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in jpeg format and as near on automatic setting as possible.
If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
Photos must have been taken within the last 7 days.

No manipulation of your photos is allowed except for cropping and straightening.
Photos can be changed within 10 minutes of posting (allows for errors).

Competition closes at 8.30pm unless otherwise stated.
The results are to be announced by about 21:00. The person placed 1st will set and judge the following day's competition as soon as possible and judge it. If not available pass to 2nd place by 10.00am at the latest.

Comments

• Mine's in: Taken on Tuesday

• Mine's in....                  Taken 1st Jan.

• Mine's in   taken yesterday
  • Mine's in. Taken on then 31st December 2018 but don't think they will survive.

• edited January 3
    Mine's in. The RSPB reserve at Arne (Poole Harbour). They protected the birds so well that I didn't see any!

• Mine's in:
    Moulton mediaeval packhorse bridge over the River Kennet on the old road between Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.
    They've built a (flat) concrete road bridge the other side and extended the concrete under the arches so you can walk under it and take a look at the structure. Obviously the River Kennet used to be a lot bigger!

• Nice selection of subjects today ... Thanks everyone

1st ... Kasey ... lovely shot of the ancient bridge
    2nd ... Kathy ... lovely sunny path (although if it`s above 30 in the shade I might just sit under a tree!!)

3rd everyone else 

• Well done Kasey and Kathy 
  • Well done Kasey and Kathy
  • Well done Kasey, I love that bridge. Thanks for 2nd place and for judging Mary-Ann.

@Mary_Ann ;  It was a bit warm and I did sit in the shade of a tree, quite a few times too. :D
  • Thanks Mary_Ann, well done Kathy :)
    This is the English Heritage notice that is beside the bridge.
    Should be readable if you click on the picture to make it bigger.

• Well done Kasey - interesting shot. Nice one too Kathy. Thanks for judging Mary-Ann.
  • Well done Kasey and Kathy. Nice shots. Thanks for judging Marion.
  • edited January 4
    Well done Kasey and Kathy.

@Kasey ; There's a somewhat similar packhorse bridge not too far from me, which I'm planning to visit and photograph if we ever get decent weather, built in 1561 at a cost of £70. Your pic has made me quite eager to get there!
  • This one's only half an hour away from me but I only discovered it recently.
    Fascinating piece of architecture.
    Look forward to the pics of your one :)