Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IHC Wednesday - 6th March

Thanks again Margaret for choosing my photo.

Today's Challenge is:   One day it will be useful!

Hopefully you can take part today. Have fun and stay safe.  :)

Rules

Photos must be taken between now and 8.30 p.m.

No manipulation of your photo is allowed except for cropping and straightening.

Photos cannot be changed once posted.

If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.

The winner is to be announced at 9pm approx.

The winner is to set the Challenge as soon as possible - 10am the next day at the very latest.

If 1st fails to set the challenge by 10 am then the 2nd place takes over the daily challenge. (Or 3rd if neither first nor second are available).

Any other decisions regarding changes to the rules for the day is the Judges decision on the day (Eg. Can I change my photo?).

Comments

• Mine`s in....

....& no I have no idea what it`s for, but it was in my "drawer"

• Mine's in.   A wrist support.

• Mary_Ann said:
    Mine`s in....

Is that some sort of nose ring for cattle or horses? It also looks a lot like what they call a "horseshoe hoop" nose or ear cartilage ring that humans wear for style. 
  • edited March 6
    Mary_Ann said:
    Mine`s in....

Looks like a torc

• NFJ

@wonderview ...Don`t think it can be for either of those Bill 

• you found a use for it
    its for starting a debate about what it is for
    Well Done you  :#
  • Mine's in

I was going to throw this away today. Phil seems to think it's worth keeping. Oh yes like we are going to find a glass tube the width of a litre water bottle to replace the one that broke. It had a large candle in it when we bought it

• Mine's in

Whilst I was still at school we got a couple of these glass storage jars. Then, about 40 years ago, I broke one of the jars and put its lid in the kitchen drawer, just in case. A few months ago I broke the lid of the remaining jar, and remarkably still had the spare!

• @Mary_Ann Yours is certainly a mysterious piece! 
    Mine's in. 
    I found this bit laying on the side of the road one day. I think it may be off a charm bracelet. I'll never use it for that, but maybe some day I'll find a use for it. Hey wait....maybe I just did! lol.
  • Mine's in. A set of security bits to fit all those strange screws that manufacturers use to stop you mending their products.

• Mine's in...  found these in my "man drawer".  Think they are for a car, but can't remember the last time I replaced a fuse in a car.

@Parky54 ;  My late parents had an identical jar [looks like Delft, but is glass ]

• retired over 15 years ago from playing Cricket Not sure what to use it for now

• RESULTS

Thanks for your entries folks, terrific finds from everyone.

1st..Mary-Ann for that “thing”, a very puzzling piece.

2nd…Sheila for the car fuses, like you I don’t know when I last changed one.

3rd…Mags for the lovely, unusable, candle holder.

Thanks again folks.  Over to you Mary-Ann.  :)

• Well done Mary Ann, Sheila, Thanks for third place Kathy
  • Well done Mary-Ann and Mags.  Thanks for 2nd Kathy and for the interesting challenge.
  • Thanks for the win Kathy  :) .... I`ve tried cleaning it & it does shine up with silver polish, but I can`t see any hall marks  :/ :D
    Well done Sheila & Mags 
    Thanks for an interesting challenge Kathy

• Well done Marion, Sheila and Mags. Nice shots. Thanks for the challenge Kathy.
  • Well done Mary-Ann, Sheila and Mags.  Nice shots. Thanks for the challenge Kathy.
  • Well done winners, thanks for judging Kathy!
  • Well done Marion, Sheila and Mags