Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thursday's SNAPSHOT challenge 4th April

Thanks again for choosing my snapshot Jackie.  It really was a fabulous place.

Thursday's challenge is now up and running.  See what you can find for me.  Have fun and stay safe.

RULES

All welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in jpeg format
If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
Photos must be taken within the last 7 days and entered by 8.30pm UK time.
No manipulation of your photos is allowed except for cropping/straightening/de-saturating.
Photos can be changed within 10 minutes of posting (allows for errors).
The results are to be announced by about 21:00. The person placed 1st will set the following day's competition as soon as possible and judge it. If not available pass to 2nd place by 10.00am at the latest.

Comments

• Mine`s in... 

... found while furking around the attic room ... mine & mother`s pencil box ... we still had to use dipping pens at our primary school  :D ... & my chewed pencil from the Coronation!
  • Mary_Ann said:
    Mine`s in... 

... found while furking around the attic room ... mine & mother`s pencil box ... we still had to use dipping pens at our primary school  :D ... & my chewed pencil from the Coronation!

Mary-Ann
    what on earth does Furking mean ???????  :o
  • @Harold9919   My question too Harold. :D
  • Mine's in....                  Taken 3rd.    Red-browed Finch

2780.JPG 184.1K
  • Mine's in but taken on the 30th March.

I too would like to know what it means.

• ... found while furking around the attic room ...

I've used this term all my life as did my mum [ she was from Sunderland ].  I take it to mean rummaging, but perhaps a bit more meticulously or methodically.
  • I misread it, and was quite shocked >:)
  • @janga.stud.... that`s it Sheila... spot on, but I  didn`t realise it was specific to anywhere in particular  :D
  • Mine's in...taken today
  • Mary_Ann said:
    @janga.stud.... that`s it Sheila... spot on, but I  didn`t realise it was specific to anywhere in particular  :D
    well you learn something new each day 
    got to admit though it does sound like a mispronunciation of a word that means something entirely different (oh my shocked LOL)
  • @Mary_Ann.  I must ask some of my Stokie pals if they use it.  Perhaps it's not just Makems :)
  • I've  never heard the word FURKING :D
  • Sounds like something from a Carry On Film.

I will be away from the site for a few more days, and not taking aprt but will look in when I get the chance to see what's going on.
  • Mine's in:
    Knowing we were walking round the flood plain today I took some bird seed with me. The geese were quite grateful!

• Mine's in.

• Mary_Ann said:
    Mine`s in... 

Mary-Ann
    what on earth does Furking mean ???????  :o
    I'll have to look that word up, but maybe later. Right now I have to go get some pics of a couple Mallard Durks swimming in a pond nearby.  >:)
  • Mine's in. Evening Grosbeak parents with their wing fluttering and agitated fledgling on the left.
  • I'll have to look that word up, but maybe later. Right now I have to go get some pics of a couple Mallard Durks swimming in a pond nearby.  >:)
     ;)  >:)
  • Thanks for your entries everyone.... birds have the majority today.  Winners are...

1st - Jonathan.  Nice crisp capture.

2nd- Bill with a colourful family scene

3rd - everyone else.... well done

Over to Jonathan to set Friday's challenge.
  • Well done Bill. Nice shot. Thanks for my win and for judging Sheila. We have quite a few ringed doves in the garden (as the sparrowhawk well knows).
  • Well done Jonathan and Bill 
  • Well done Jonathan and Bill. Thanks for judging Sheila 
  • Well done Jonathan & Bill ... nice shots
    Thanks for judging Sheila

• ... found while furking around the attic room ...

I've used this term all my life as did my mum [ she was from Sunderland ].  I take it to mean rummaging, but perhaps a bit more meticulously or methodically.
    Thanks Sheila. We learn something new every day don't we. :D
  • Well done Jonathan and Bill. Thanks for judging Sheila.