Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wednesday`s Snapshot (15th May)

Thanks again Mags

All hands for Wednesday`s snapshot ... have a lovely day folks

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

RULES 

All welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in jpeg format
If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
Photos must be taken within the last 7 days and entered by 8
.30pm UK time.
No manipulation of your photos is allowed except for cropping/straightening/de-saturating.
Photos can be changed within 10 minutes of posting (allows for errors).
The results are to be announced by about 21:00. The person placed 1st will set the following day's competition as soon as possible and judge it. If not available pass to 2nd place by 10.00am at the latest

Comments

• Mine's in: A young robin, taken on Saturday

• Mine's in. Taken on the 12th. On top of my neighbour's shed.

• Mine's in....                      Taken on Thursday.

6078.JPG 356.7K
  • Mine's in. Normally these blossoms would be thick with all kinds of insects. But our weather has been so cold and wet, nothing is around.
  • mine's in...it doesn't get much better :)
  • Mine's in - taken at Sizergh Castle on Monday

• mine's in...it doesn't get much better :) 
    Are you a fan of Nigel Danson?  :)
    How about Thomas Heaton, who's often photographing the beach/coastline/castle near you. Two brilliant landscape photographers.
  • @Parky54 ;  sorry Alan...I'm feeling very ignorant....I'm not familiar with their work.
    This landscape is in Ulverston (Cumbria), just at the top of my Son's street
  • @Chris Gossop

"It doesn't get any better than this." is the favourite exclamation of Nigel Danson in his YouTube instructional videos. Thomas Heaton also posts instructional videos. Both travel the world, but also show their local areas, Heaton is Northumberland based and often photographs Dunstanburgh Castle, which I think I've seen in one or two of your shots.
  • @Parky54 ;  Thanks Alan
  • Nice set of shots thanks folks

1st ... Kathy`s Egret? ... just about to strike a fish 

2nd ... Bill ... this really says everything about your weather... nicely composed

3rd ...everyone else well done all

Over to you Kathy
  • Well done Kathy and Bill 
  • Well done Kathy and Bill - nice shots.  Thanks for judging Mary-Ann
  • Well done Kathy & Bill
  • Well done Kathy and Bill. Thanks for judging Mary-Ann.
  • Well done Bill. Thanks for the win and for judging Mary-Ann.