Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

South Lakes forum meet

Hi guys

On Andy's lion thread I said I'd love to see a forum meet in South Lakes and suggested it on that thread. I also suggested some sort of tie up with South Lakes that might promote both the forum and the park and thus, I decided that I would float the idea of a forum Meet some time this year at South Lakes Animal Park and hows this for an idea.We set up a thread when the meet has happened and each one of us who went, enter an image in a competition, the winner to be chosen by the members and then the winner can have their image printed A3 on my new professional printer on top of the line canon Pro Platinum II paper and posted to them.

To start off, I'm putting my name down for the meet and leave this thread open to you guys to see what you think.I think it would be an incredible day out and good fun to meet up at a place we are all coming to know quite well through the photography on this fine forum.

over to you guys now!

Bessy regs

Kenny

Comments

• Sounds like a top idea m8. Dates permitting, I'm defo up for this <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • to far north for me im afraid <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png
  • to far north for me im afraid <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

you could stay overnight in barrow at the travelodge there

me and teresa are up for this dates permitting
  • yep sounds good in principal...will depend on the dates though <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Im up for it depending on dates, if in school hols ok after that weekends only for me <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • As above if dates allow <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Easy enough for me to get there for a meet; preferably not half term for obvious reasons.
  • kk noticed this in the other threads aswell everyone loves the idea "if the dates ok" with no dates being set

so weekend of april 24/25 this year

BE THERE OR BE,,,,,,,,

a rectangular kinda thing,,,

doings,,,

whatsit,,,,,,,

thingyamajig,,,

type,,,
    stuff.
  • I can't make that date and it's Easter bank holiday weekend which will be busy as hell lol i will have to make the next one.........

it's 23- 24th too <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I can't make that date and it's Easter bank holiday weekend which will be busy as hell lol i will have to make the next one.........

it's 23- 24th too <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

sheeeesh man cant do owt right <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

kk
    so weekend of April 30th /May 1st this year

BE THERE OR BE,,,,,,,,

a rectangular kinda thing,,,

doings,,,

whatsit,,,,,,,

thingyamajig,,,

type,,,
    stuff.
  • still can't make it lol i will be in London that weekend with my man <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Don't plan around me tho just sort it and i i can male it i will <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • It was busy as hell last w/e, and that's only half term. My mate drove off rather than fight through the masses.

Weekend after Easter is Russian Monday Bank Holiday when all the divorcees will be spending "Quality time" with the kids they only get access to at weekends.

There's a lot of Bank Holidays around that time this year, not to mention the wedding which will turn into another long break.

Can we not go before Easter when it's likely to be quieter?
  • march 19th 20th?
  • yayyyyyyy i can do that weekend <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • march 19th 20th?
    Neither are do-able for me. We have a lot on that weekend, then it's Leeds Crown court as a witnesses for me and the Mrs on the 21st, and my Mr's is bricking it already <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> And if she's in a bad mood with the nerves, she will more than likely jump the fence, and eat the tigers <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Gunna be hard work nailing a date down that suits everybody, but if the 19-20th is good for others, you guys go for it <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Can't see any real problems there. Saturday would be a better day for travelling, especially those who have to get past Preston on M6. That can be a nightmare on Sunday afternoon, especially if the weather is nice.
  • Im doing my book of west scotland for the three weeks in easter Andy so I will be at the top of scotland on thaqt date....<!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • right everyone pm me what WEEKEND dates thay have available between now and say end of june then and i will compile the best weekend for all of us <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    and i'll post that as the weekend here
  • I'm okay except for the three weeks from the 17th april to 7th May...
  • will do <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • 9th 16th april im free also our easter hols are diff to some others. 15th- 3rd may. then any sat afyer that is ok.
  • ok it seems like there is a possible date that at least 5 (inc me 6 if you include my other half:) ) can attend just waiting on a pm to respond, then am going to post a new thread with the date and a list that can / will attend
  • If my calender is right the 19th and 20th of March are week days, Tuesday and Wednesday!...
  • Look at the real picture, some people can become very busy and can't always make dates. If we all said we can't make any dates then the meet will not go ahead, so the meet should be agreed on and whoever turns up turns up.
  • Check the date Karl, this was 2011 ;D ;D ;D
  • on 1357587059:
    <br />Check the date Karl, this was 2011 ;D ;D ;D<br />
    <br /><br />Oh bloody hell....i really have been away farrrrrr tooooooo long!!..... :-[
  • hahahaha...thought i was in the twiglet zone then for a moment Karl........thought only I commented on threads that were two years old :P..thanks for the laugh though ;)<br />
  • ohh this sounds good<br />its only a wee 4 hour drive down for me<br />might see what date is going to be and if i can get there<br />will see about bookin ito travel lodge for a night or two
  • Don't get carried away Roddy, this was nearly two years ago. :))