Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mono tutorial

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in leanring the ways of getting the best out of monochrome editing. This won't be an online lesson it will be a field trip then onto our home where you can see great it is to get tones like you've never done before. If this happens i will then do an open mono comp in the mono thread,(of coure!)

Comments

• Count me in for this one m8. Always liked the way you work with mono, so would be good to see how you work it <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Depends where & when it happens, but I could certainly be interested!
  • Depending on when and where? and work i would be up for this <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • depending on dates me too <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • depends if i can bag a lift if my bro goes <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png
  • Thnx for the feed back. The area would be local to where i live, Bradford/Leeds or even the Halifax area. I would like the images of interest to be of architecture, old derelict buildings. For cobbled roads and paths Halifax has the answer. The texture and detail that can be drawn out of images useing the simplest of tools in photoshop will lift your brow and make you nod with 'well i never...?' Some of you are already great at editing anyway but when it comes to mono and to able to create those great tones and pull out texture is completely different.
  • i'd love to do this but atm my car is off road with a £900 price tag to get it on raod again and considering the wedding is getting closer i think the car maybe staying off road for a couple of months at least
  • If dates work out and i go, you and Teresa could come with me Andy?
  • would love to go Karl but already explained the score about transport. Looks to be a fab thing too.
  • Kenny isn't anyone going from around your area?
  • dunno Jayne. I dont think so. As I said to Karl, the nearest bus to me is two miles into town.I'd then have to take a bus to Bolton and a train from Bolton to Manchester and then a train from there to where Karl had the meet- and then do the same journey in reverse. Just not practical for me with me being in the state I am at the mo.
  • I'd quite like to do this, depending on when & where. I'm not great with monos, usually just move sliders around until it looks half decent <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Well i have a 2 month contract starting monday for errrrrr two months <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

So i should have the money to come up that way now <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Well i have a 2 month contract starting monday for errrrrr two months <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

yaaaay to the contract work.

Can i bag that lift <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

yaaaay to the contract work.

Can i bag that lift <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Thank you

Hmmm Ill have a think about it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Sounds like this could be quite a good meet up <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • ooo jayne just see your reply ...dates withstanding i'll book a ride with ya ...as i would love to learn here ...... dunno if teresa would be up for it but i'll ask
  • Nice one Andy <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • i ask'ed teresa and she said dates and all she'd be up for it too <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Oh good would think it would be up Teresa's street as she likes landscape <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

• Awesome, some great interest....

OK let's start looking at some dates for July? The only 2 dates i have sort of free are the 16th and 23rd of July, I'd also say maybe the 2nd of July too but it depends on out killer tkd kid Jason if he fights on the 3rd of July??

The event will be held around Halifax Town because there are some awesome cobbled streets on the outskirts and some awesome buildings from the textile days, then off to out house to learn how to create those awesome mono edits?
  • 2nd is out for me, as I will be getting hammered on my birthday <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Either of the other 2 is fine though <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • I@d kill to come to this Karl cos as you know I am a big Bill Brandt fan and he took loads of his roound Bradford and Halifax.I'd love to have a crack at his snicket shot to see if I could do it but.....I havent got the transport. The car is my mums and she is catagoric that I wont be able to use it to drive up there and the van is going to be going in for repairs from when I smashed the side on on the gate <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> so looks like I'm going to miss out on a fab day out and some cracking knowledge. Never mind, in 17 months the van is paid for and then I'll get my own car and maybe then I can go to the next one <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • I@d kill to come to this Karl cos as you know I am a big Bill Brandt fan and he took loads of his roound Bradford and Halifax.I'd love to have a crack at his snicket shot to see if I could do it but.....I havent got the transport. The car is my mums and she is catagoric that I wont be able to use it to drive up there and the van is going to be going in for repairs from when I smashed the side on on the gate <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> so looks like I'm going to miss out on a fab day out and some cracking knowledge. Never mind, in 17 months the van is paid for and then I'll get my own car and maybe then I can go to the next one <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

What a shame if you can't make it because the 'Snicket' shot is going to be the first one we do!...

What a shame if you can't make it because the 'Snicket' shot is going to be the first one we do!...

you rotter!!! talk about hitting a guy when he is down LOL

seriously though, even using a train is out cos the nearest busstop to me is 2 miles in town and then I'd have to get a bus into Manchester and a train up to where your shooting.then do the same coming home and TBH could not manage to walk 2.5 miles into town to get a bus- plus the cost of getting there and back would be too much. Looks like this is one forum meet thats so close yet so far. I hope that everyone enjoys it and hope maybe theres another which I could go to.

Bessy regs

Kenny
  • Kenny, you are only about 45 mins from me, I could pick you up, and drop you back off <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • OMG......thats a fab offer Chris but thats not fair on you driving so far. Are you sure???
  • It's only straight down the M62 m8. I do Manchester airport in an hour, and I'm sure your place must be closer. I can drive for ever and a day m8, used to do a 500 mile round trip from Wiltshire on a regular basis, so to your place is like a walk in the park <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Need to make 100% sure on dates etc, but if I'm going, you are too, and bollix to ya mothers car <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Then I accept the offer Chris and will look forward to coming....whooo hoo....dont you just love being a member of the A team!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
  • Can't do either date, got 4 shoots on the 16th and a wedding on the 23rd <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    maybe if ya do another one i can make that....sorry Andy i wont be able to make this one