Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yorkshire Animal Park

Just so Ando's owl thread doesn't get hijacked I thought I would start a new thread.
I am going on Thursday if anyone fancies it?
If peeps can't make Thursday feel free to use this thread to agree on a date for a meet, anyone who is interested <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comments

• cant make it on thursday cos I have uni...but I'd love to meet up there some other time. any info on where it is and how to get there?
  • It's Doncaster Kenny so should be easy for most to get to <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

• just googled it...looks a smashing place!
  • It's where I took the latest tiger and lion pics Kenny, a really nice feel to the place, def seems to have a South Lakes feel to it <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

• It's where I took the latest tiger and lion pics Kenny, a really nice feel to the place, def seems to have a South Lakes feel to it <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

you got some stunning images there no doubt and it does seem to be very togger friendly.

just been looking at their website and yep, deffo does have that SWLAP vibe about it- and you know what my opinion on normal zoos is. They looks like they are really into conservation and best thing is, its just a motorway drive straight to it.

might a a fantastic place for a forum meet in finer weather next year? I'll certainly get up there. Also got a mate who is into wildlife photography so might get him to come too.
  • Kenny are you a fair-weather tog? Lol you just need to wrap up and a pair of gloves <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->
    The enclosures are some of the best I have seen for a park environment, and alot of the animals are roaming in enclosures you can walk through

• Thursday is a bit short notice for me Jayne. Incidentally, I'm definitely a fair weather photographer whenever possible.
  • nope, not a fair weather tog Jayne....can put Nikii Nikon in a plakky bag LOL and have a thick winter coat now and scarf and gloves all ready for the seven foot of snow coming this next week <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> the enclosures look very good indeed and its great the animals dont get shut in like they did at the Welsh Mountain zoo. That was one of the things I loved about SWLAP. Where else can you have a six foot emu escourt you round the park lol. True is was Chris's lad putting breadcrumbs in peoples hoods LOL...but it was cute to see animals happy and not walking round in circles going mad in enclosures they couldnt feel natural in.
  • I got attacked by a bloody goose at SLWAP. I was a bit wary of the Emus after that. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Chris's lad Keiran wasnt behind you was he Bob... the young wag had bought packs of animal feed at SWALP when we were there and every time I turned round I had Rod Hull's emu standing behind me. Turned out it was following us cos the young whipper snapper was putting bits of food in the hoods of peoples jackets hahahahah....and there was me thinking the Emu actually liked us <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • lol was it the one with the green bit on its bill?
  • Does anyone fancy going a week on Saturday 19th (or maybe Sunday 20th)?

It's "sort of" easy to get to from the A1 or the M18...easy with satnav.

I can't do weekdays as I am at work...weekends only. Weather needs to be "ok" and not persisting it down like it was last weekend, but a little light rain and dullness is ok.

I would love to meet some fellow togs...(as long as you don't all show me up with your flashy gear! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> )
  • lol was it the one with the green bit on its bill?

Don't know Jayne, I was too busy trying to avoid it. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • think it was Jayne. Got to say though, keiran enjoyed his little trick. Have to say also that karma stick back when that Lemur came out of knowwhere and snatched his bag of whotsits and then proceeded to sit on the branch above us eating them.
  • See you this morning Gordon <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Have fun you guys <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) --> Look forward to the pics <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Note to anyone thinking of going- it opens at 11am during the week lol sat waiting for it to open

• I say we plan for something early next year.

Cold frosty days make for excellent photography conditions in a wildlife park.
  • I said similar to Jayne in a text earlier Richard. Will see if we can get a date good for all early next year <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> Though I am up for awt this year, if dates work right <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) -->
  • If I can make it I will too
  • Always up for meets if dates allow, always nice to put faces to names <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

• Always up for meets if dates allow, always nice to put faces to names <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

In that case, why do you keep telling me to go away nicely, when we meet LMFAO
  • Lol I am only adhering to your bail conditions pmsl

• what was the bail for Chris.....stuffing an MOT inspoector up the tailpipe of your rusty exhaust <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

( for those who dont get it, you have to be on Fb)
  • OK, it's a bit in the future, but how about the 14th Jan 2012?

Weather permitting would certainly give folk a boost to get over those january blues! I've been to whipsnade two years in a row in January and it's such a nice time to be there. Not many people, decent light (If there is light) or grotty weather (Animals look awesome in the rain).
  • had to laugh at you saying its a bit late in the future Richard...thats one awesome oxymoron LOL assuming the world doesnt end before Jan 12th next year( you never know, the guy wot did the mayan calender could have been slightly slow) and Im not tied up with uni...Id like to go.
  • yup ok richard me and i think my other half will be up for this (provisionally) sat jan 14th
  • Saturdays are good for me, so pencil my name down for the 14th <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->