Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thirsk Falconry Centre

I know we only just had a meet up yesterday but a few of us were talking about the possibility of a meet up at this place <!-- m -->http://www.falconrycentre.co.uk/<!-- m -->

I have a free weekend on the 4th February (3 weeks yesterday) and just wondered if anyone fancied another meet up?

Comments

• Depending on what Cath is working, I'm up for this. Will need to check a little bit closer to the date though <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I now have nothing free until march <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • Yeah Chris just wanted to see if there was any interest really...........tutt Richard..
  • again I have the problems of getting up there. its a long way for me to drive and come back again.<!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • They also do photography evenings, could be worth a pop when the evenings are longer.
  • Bit pricey though. £40 a pop?
  • About 90 miles from you Kenny, less than to Scarborough <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • May be an issue with open dates Jayne.....
    [glow=red:1vfgr88y]The Centre is open 7 days a week from the 1st of March to the 31st of October[/glow:1vfgr88y].
    10.30am - 5.00pm

Display times

We have three displays per day at 11:30, 13:30 and 15:30

Entrance fees

Adults: £6.50
    OAP: £5.50
    Children: £4.50 (children under 3 years go FREE)
    Family tickets: £19.00 ( 2 adults + 2 Children )
    Adult groups (10+): £5.50 per person
    School Group discounts available
  • buggar lol well March is it then.........
  • About 90 miles from you Kenny, less than to Scarborough <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

true, but 180 mile round trip in a day plus walking round. when I come up to yours I come up the night before so me legs are okay and stop on the site. Normally come up in the van which is a lot better for my back. deffo cant get the car cos SWMBO wouldnt let me....only other thing I can think of is a likkle trip up Scarborugh way on a site for a day or three???????

just saying <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • yeah and just come with me from here, or there are a few sites in Thirsk?
  • was thinking that fishing lake one...wykham lakes???- the one I nearly killed myself on on the ice Year before last. its a tenner a night there....

..and I get me busary two days before so can afford it <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->..might even buy yuz a coffee LOL
  • just thinking.....I sound dead cheaky now..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I'll see if theres a site in thirsk too.
  • ya not cheeky divvy, you have read that it's closed till March on the thread?
  • oops.....I got in on the last page....hold on....

just going to insert me brain
  • okay, brain inserted....still no problem <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> cos next semester I am only in tuesday and wednesday so can drive up thursday night, have friday to get me legs right, go on saturday, recover sunday and go home on monday...result!
  • ..assuming its a saturday your going...
  • Keeping an eye on thisd thread! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

BTW...The Yorkshire Wildlife Park has bird displays in the spring/summer, too. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Deffo coming.....I'd do a dance of joy but heyho..... will deffo be there!
  • Advantage with the falconry centre Craig, is they have birds out all day long. When they are not doing the talks/demos etc, they are exercising and training the other birds, and you can handle some of them too. The place is by no means massive, but it is an all day photo opportunity, and many of the birds are not caged <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> . These are what I got last time I went, and only a few of them are part of a demo/display. All the rest are just free flying exercising shots <!-- m -->http://www.flickr.com//photos/massive-p ... 7333/show/<!-- m --> .
  • how did you get that look of flickr Chris. is that a pro account? images are stunning too
  • Standard flickr slideshow Kenny <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • not been on Flicr for a while. last time I was on the slideshows werent as cracking looking as that.
  • Advantage with the falconry centre Craig, is they have birds out all day long. When they are not doing the talks/demos etc, they are exercising and training the other birds, and you can handle some of them too. The place is by no means massive, but it is an all day photo opportunity, and many of the birds are not caged <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> . These are what I got last time I went, and only a few of them are part of a demo/display. All the rest are just free flying exercising shots <!-- m -->http://www.flickr.com//photos/massive-p ... 7333/show/<!-- m --> .

Yes, they look great. I'm definitely up for it...

It's like the place I went to in Andover, hampshire. Birds all day long. I love the Birds of Prey...!
  • I've only taken photos of them once- that was last year when I stopped on a site near Jaynes when we had a shoot. Some people brought some for a festival at Scarborough and stopped on our site and had the birds out and gave an impormptue performance. have to say that my attempts were poor...so I shall ask for some tips on the day-or before if anyone can give me some.