Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quick look at my bit of New vision exhibtion

Hope nobody minds me putting it here but just wanted to show you my two boards at the New Vision exhibition in Manchester. I went yesterday for my formal interview and assessment of my work in which I had to explain what I had done, how I had done it and why.Then I had to defend my work against critique. That interview and my work form the grade for what I get as the degree so was very important for me. I was really worried about the interview and assessment but it did actually go quite well and thought I thought I would be told my grade yesterday I wasnt as wasnt anyone else. however, at the end of the interview my tutor Jim Williams shoot my hand and said "You did damned good kid"

any road up, here's two shots of my bit. poor photography have to admit of the exhibit cos I couldn't get a decent exposure cos of the lighting...but who said I was any good as a tog anyway <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Comments

• Who said you were any good as a tog? Well let me think.....right! I've thought...You're absolute rubbish....at appreciating your own talent.
    Any good as a tog? Everyone on here thinks so except maybe those with a tilt tendency. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Cheers Moz LOL...I did try not to take the last one on the tilt but couldnt help it...
  • but who said I was any good as a tog anyway <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

That's bloody typical of you Kenny. You've just proved yourself as a photographer with those amazing images and the next minute you're running yourself down.
  • Sorry Bob....I have tried to get this lack of confidence out of my system and lord knows Chris and Jayne have tried...I just cant help it.Its one of the reasons I did the degree- not cos I thought it would teach me loads of stuff( which it hasnt) but for me to actually feel like I was a photographer. I feel a bit like an alcoholic in that respect.....an Alcoholic KNOWS he or she is an alcoholic but refuses to accept it or come out and say it. kind of sums up how I feel myself. I felt even worse when I saw all the fantastic work on display. I felt it was so much better than what I had done and wanted to take mine down.
  • That's bloody typical of you Kenny. You've just proved yourself as a photographer with those amazing images and the next minute you're running yourself down.

Kenny, where do you keep the whips and furlined handcuffs? Perhaps you should let Emma loose with them to beat some sense into you. Now there's a picture I'd like to see <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • That's bloody typical of you Kenny. You've just proved yourself as a photographer with those amazing images and the next minute you're running yourself down.

Kenny, where do you keep the whips and furlined handcuffs? Perhaps you should let Emma loose with them to beat some sense into you. Now there's a picture I'd like to see <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Um...not sure it's a picture I'd like to see! No offence, Kenny. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

BTW - great pictures and nice one on the words from the lecturer guy. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Cracking pictures Kenny. The lecturer bloke is quite right!!
  • Cheers guys. Ive just come from the exhibtion now. I managed to stay 6 hours but coukdnt manage any more. we have had loads and loads of people visiting the gallery exhibtion. We have had two university groups-both from Stafford coming to view the work and also today a chap came in whilst I was on duty and came over to me and my mate Mark and said that the space we were in puts lots of galleries on over the year and so far every one he has been to has been poor to dire. He said this was a credit to us and an amazing collaborative piece of work. The comments book is amazing to read and every one has been positive. So far now we have had 235 visitors. As a comparison, last year's third years didnt pull the finger out as we have done, they didnt find the place to exhibit, advertise it, market it and have press etc interested and their footfall was about 100 ish visitors. We have been told by some people who know about galleries and stuff thaty ours is one of the best they have seen. I'm really really proud of what we achieved and best of all, we know the uni is made up with us as its had lots of contacts telling them how we have done them proud.

Bessy regs

Kenny
  • Cheers guys. Ive just come from the exhibtion now. I managed to stay 6 hours but coukdnt manage any more. we have had loads and loads of people visiting the gallery exhibtion. We have had two university groups-both from Stafford coming to view the work and also today a chap came in whilst I was on duty and came over to me and my mate Mark and said that the space we were in puts lots of galleries on over the year and so far every one he has been to has been poor to dire. He said this was a credit to us and an amazing collaborative piece of work. The comments book is amazing to read and every one has been positive. So far now we have had 235 visitors. As a comparison, last year's third years didnt pull the finger out as we have done, they didnt find the place to exhibit, advertise it, market it and have press etc interested and their footfall was about 100 ish visitors. We have been told by some people who know about galleries and stuff thaty ours is one of the best they have seen. I'm really really proud of what we achieved and best of all, we know the uni is made up with us as its had lots of contacts telling them how we have done them proud.

Bessy regs

Kenny

Next time you feel the self doubt creeping in re-read what you've just written. <!-- s:thumbsup: -->:thumbsup:<!-- s:thumbsup: --> <!-- s:amen: -->:amen:<!-- s:amen: --> <!-- s:clap: -->:clap:<!-- s:clap: -->