Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meet - Yorkshire Wildlife Park

<br />MEET TIME & DATE<br /><br /><br />Sunday 21st October<br />Meet in the car park by 10am or in the cafe up to approx 10.30am<br /><br />Ok folks, I think it is getting round to time for another forum meet!<br /><br />At the beginning of the year we met at Yorkshire Wildlife Park and since this is pretty central for a few of us it makes sense to have another go there. Plus, it's a damn fine location!<br /><br />http://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.co.uk/<br /><br />I'm thinking we start this well in advance, agree a day/date when as many folk as possible can make it, and see if we can take advantage of the group admission pricing. Currently it's £13 to get in, or £8.50 if we can do a group booking of 10 or more people...<br /><br />

Comments

• I'm def up for it, date permitting
  • Sundays are good for me. The last meet was great, and well worth another visit IMHO
  • They have the Amur Leopard too now i think which they didn't  have last time
  • What better reason<br /><br />OK, it's a Sunday then, makes sense really.<br /><br />Jayne, Sundays in October, what you got free?
  • I'm up for that Richard.
  • on 1346500046:
    <br />They have the Amur Leopard too now i think which they didn't  have last time<br />
    <br /><br />They have, and if you can get a picture of one that's not sat in the far corner next to the fence, then you're very lucky! I've been 3 times since they had the leopard, but not got one yet! Someone with a 600mm or so might get lucky. :)<br /><br />I may be up for it, but would have probably got our year tickets so couldn't help with the admission...at £35 for a year for an adult it's well worth it...:)
  • on 1346506302:
    <br /><br /> Someone with a 600mm or so might get lucky. :)<br /><br />
    <br />Best not invite Andy then LOL As long as I've got a bit of notice, any sunday is good for me next month (Unless we have staffing issues again LOL)
  • 14th is my birthday gotta be a reason for my mate to have the kids for me lol
  • Are you 39 again Jayne LMFAO
  • yes Chris.......lol
  • hummm sounds good to me can only make sundays though, and who knows i may even bring the ef840mm with me (ef600 + 1.4x) lol who am i kidding ofc i'll be bringing it :)<br />
  • 21st would suit me down to the ground as I will be coming south from Scarborough / Horbury that weekend.  However I can fit in anywhere.
  • 14th or 21st is fine with me ;D
  • aye 21st for me 'n' t<br />
  • OK, leaning towards the 21st then.<br /><br />Let's make is happen!
  • I've marked it on the forum calendar, which auto announces the topic too ;-) If dates change, I can just move it over ;-)
  • I should be able to do 21st too ;-)
  • Either for me at the moment... :)
  • Please add my name to the list, either of the 2 dates should be o'k for me.<br /><br />If anyone from the Wakefield area would like a lift I have 3 spare seats.
  • Hiyah,  having just spoken to Chris on the phone, we both thought it was about time that I attended one of these.  I have organized a few on Fuji but apart from Jayne and Chris, I don't think I've met anyone else who post regular.  I might have met Kenny at the NEC once, not sure.  Anyway, I have penciled in the dates you suggest and a bit nearer the time will see how it looks.  I'd love to attend one.  I'll give a few days notice so that anyone with a nervous disposition is warned!!!<br /> <br />Cheers.<br /> <br />
  • Look forward to meeting you Steve and you Gordon.  Unfortunately, it's got to be 21st for me as I've made arrangements to meet some friends from Barrow in Furness then to Lockerbie then I'm going to sample Jayne's coffee finishing up buying Chris that pint I owe him in Ossett.  From there to the YWP on 21st.
  • on 1346506302:
    <br />They have, and if you can get a picture of one that's not sat in the far corner next to the fence, then you're very lucky! I've been 3 times since they had the leopard, but not got one yet! Someone with a 600mm or so might get lucky. :)<br />
    <br /><br />why did you no just jump the fence for a wee foto ;) <br />if needin a 600mm lens plenty o time to jump back over to the safe side lol <br /><br />ahh dam i might of come doon for that but I'm just gettin back to work on Monday after 5 weeks<br />on the sick.. dont think the boss would give me a monday holiday for headin back up the road :(<br /><br />
  • Just tell the boss you have more important things on, than work. Such as driving back from a forum meet LOL I'm sure he/she will understand O0 >:D
  • on 1348160045:
    <br />Just tell the boss you have more important things on, than work. Such as driving back from a forum meet LOL I'm sure he/she will understand O0 >:D<br />
    <br /><br />ohhh yess he'll deffo understand.... i've a great boss (supervisor) its just the manager is a bit anal and wants bloody sweat n tears<br />before you get time off again :(
  • Likewise, looking forward to meeting you Bob and others. Will be good to see if you all look like the pics in your Avatar.
  • on 1348166135:
    <br />Likewise, looking forward to meeting you Bob and others. Will be good to see if you all look like the pics in your Avatar.<br />
    <br /><br />It is actually me Gordon. :))
  • Roddy you could drive back Sunday night? c'mon i dare ya!!! :-)<br />Looking forward to seeing everyone
  • Jayne... i'd like to go but its over 5 hours drive each way = 10+ hours drive plus playtime at the zoo <br /> <br />thats a long day lol<br /> <br />then try n get up at 5.30am on the Monday for work ... i'd no manage :( <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />
  • Is that cos ya a bloke? pmsl
  • It's because he's scared of you LMFAO Too many horror stories of crazy Jayne :)) :)) :))