Author Topic: Sophie  (Read 6538 times)

November 21, 2016, 01:14:01 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
For the newer members who don't know about Sophie: I've known Sophie through a web site I run for a charity (Latex Allergy Support Group) for many years.   She was a young girl when I first came across her but she is now a young lady.   She not only suffers from the Type 1 Latex Allergy but also has very severe MS.   Karen (Sophie's mum) managed Sophie at home for years and Sophie was in and out of hospital.   

Sophie loves animals and I used to send her pictures of my dogs.   The forum have made Sophie three books of animal pictures, all the pictures being donated free of charge by forum members.   Sophie was unable to open the books herself and Karen would sit with her and show her the pictures and Sophie loved it.

Eventually Karen managed to get Sophie into St. Cyril's Hospital, Chester, where, at long last, she is receiving proper treatment and showing some improvement.   She is now able to open her own mail.

This is an email I received from Karen recently:

"Hello Bob,

Good to hear from you, hope you are well?   I lost all my old emails a few months ago so very annoying and had forgotten where I was with replying etc.

Sophie would be delighted to receive Christmas cards and would really cheer her up 😊 thank everyone for me, you are all so kind to remember her.

Best wishes, Karen X"

I wonder if we could all send Sophie a Christmas card this year as she can now open her own mail.   I think it would help to cheer up a very unfortunate young lady.
Sophie's address is:

Sophie Ellis
St. Cyril's Hospital
Countess of Chester Health Park
Liverpool Road
Chester
CH2 1HJ
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

November 21, 2016, 05:35:16 PM
Reply #1
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Lindsey-Photography/557539037637564?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
    • John Lindsey Photography
What a wonderful idea.
www.johnlindsey-photography.com

Canon 5D MK II Youngnuo YN568 EX II Flash Gun,Tamron SP 150-600mm SP VC USD, Canon EF-50mm,EF-S 18-55mm,Pentax 80-200mm M42,Tamron 70-300mm Di,Canon EF 75-300, Canon EF28-90 f4 5.6 usm.

November 21, 2016, 05:39:46 PM
Reply #2
  • Ultimate tog
  • Sheila
Consider it done Bob... it will be a pleasure.  I was only looking through the 2014 picture book the other day..  :)
Camera :- Fuji S8200

Take life with a pinch of salt..........   a slice of lime and a shot of tequila.

November 21, 2016, 05:44:04 PM
Reply #3
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Just sign the card with your name and say that you are from the Massive Photo Group.   Sophie will then know it's the same people who gave her the books. ;D
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

November 21, 2016, 05:58:21 PM
Reply #4
  • Insane tog
  • Jonathan
    • Flickr
@Bob Can you bump this up nearer Christmas so I don't forget?
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/100273920@N07/

Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Fujifilm X100, Finepix HS20EXR, Panasonic HX-WA30, GoPro Hero

My gallery: http://chat-photography.com/forum/gallery/?sa=myimages;u=2579

November 21, 2016, 06:25:14 PM
Reply #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Don't worry mate.   Nobody's going to forget. :))

November 21, 2016, 07:06:05 PM
Reply #6
  • Insane tog
Thanks for that Bob. Will look for a nice card for her
Finepix S1000fd  Finepix JZ510 Canon Powershot A1300HD  Canon PowerShot SX 400 IS   Lumix DMC-FZ72

http://chat-photography.com/forum/gallery/?sa=myimages;u=2651

November 21, 2016, 07:58:47 PM
Reply #7
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Probably the preferred type of card would be one with animals on. :)

November 21, 2016, 08:06:14 PM
Reply #8
  • Insane tog
Probably the preferred type of card would be one with animals on. :)

Yes but I have seen a lovely animal calendar so thought a nice card with a snowy scene of Edinburgh and the calendar as a wee extra
Finepix S1000fd  Finepix JZ510 Canon Powershot A1300HD  Canon PowerShot SX 400 IS   Lumix DMC-FZ72

http://chat-photography.com/forum/gallery/?sa=myimages;u=2651

November 21, 2016, 08:45:08 PM
Reply #9
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
That's great; thanks Margaret. :)

November 22, 2016, 02:04:41 PM
Reply #10
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
This will stay at he top until you've all sent your cards.   Please let me know who's taking part.

November 22, 2016, 05:37:27 PM
Reply #11
  • Insane tog
I will be sending a card too Bob.

November 22, 2016, 05:57:53 PM
Reply #12
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Thanks Jackie.

November 28, 2016, 01:02:19 PM
Reply #13
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Bump.   I'm not letting anyone forget this. ;D

November 28, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Reply #14
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Got my card all ready to send Bob

November 28, 2016, 02:27:30 PM
Reply #15
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Thanks mate.

November 28, 2016, 02:28:29 PM
Reply #16
  • Insane tog
Mine will be posted once I get round to writing mine later this week

November 28, 2016, 02:30:09 PM
Reply #17
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Thanks Maggs.

November 28, 2016, 05:36:27 PM
Reply #18
Will gladly sort out a nice card plus might do a few animals, ie horses and cattle.

November 28, 2016, 06:47:49 PM
Reply #19
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Thanks David; she loves horses. ;D