Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 59987 times)

April 11, 2017, 10:32:09 PM
Reply #540
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
Just got my laptop back.   The download was 'The Creator's Update' and, even on a very fast link (over 100 Mb/s) the download took 50 minutes.   What with everything else the update took nearly 2 hours.   I hope it's worth it.
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

April 12, 2017, 02:07:54 PM
Reply #541
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
On startup this morning had an immediate problem.   Couldn't get onto Facebook because of a DNS problem.

If you get this problem the answer is as follows:

Go to taskbar and right click on the wifi icon and select properties.
Click on the WiFi connection (in blue) this will take you to WiFi Status.
Click on properties
Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Click on properties
In Preferred DNS Server enter 208-67-222-222
In Alternative DNS Server enter 208-67-220-220
Tick Validate settings upon exit
Click OK

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

April 13, 2017, 09:47:58 PM
Reply #542
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog
I would suggest you give Windows 10 Creators Update a very wide berth.   It is full of bugs.   I've just reverted to the previous version.

April 27, 2017, 03:25:05 PM
Reply #543
  • Global Moderator
  • Insane tog